This squash and egg bake makes both a healthy breakfast and a great snack if you’re really hungry.
It’s also easy to keep in the oven to eat later.
Just bake up two at a time, eat one, and save the other one for tomorrow’s breakfast.
Also, you can keep the left over squash that you scooped out for the eggs as a side dish to use at dinner time.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: about 50 minutes
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 eggs
- 1 acorn squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat your oven to 375 F.
2) Cut the squash in half and place face down on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until tender.
3) Remove from the oven and scoop out a small amount of squash from the middle of each one that leaves a space a little larger than one egg. Save the scooped out squash to use for a later dish or to serve as a side at dinner.
4) Break your egg and drop one into each squash.
5) Place the squash back into the oven egg side up and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the egg sets.
6) Remove from the oven and add salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cool for a few minutes and you’re all done!