These paleo chicken meatballs will add some great flavor to any Italian meal you’re creating.
They’re also great for eating alone with some vegetables to make a tasty and filling salad.
In order to make these paleo friendly the bread crumbs have been removed and almond flour has been substituted which works just as well for texture.
I’ve also added a little zing to these by adding some grated apples to give them a little more flavor.
Paired with some zucchini noodles these meatballs can make a great meal for everyone.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 pounds (908 grams) of ground chicken thigh
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- 4 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of grated apple
- ½ cup of almond flour
1) Pre-heat your oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl mix the ground chicken, salt, pepper, sage, grated apple, and almond flour together using your hands.
3) Using an ice cream scoop or your hands again form the meatballs and place on the baking sheet you’ve prepared.
4) Place the meatballs in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on their size. Use a knife to check if they’re cooked through all the way.