When I was younger one of my favorite foods was stuffed peppers.
My grandmother would make them fresh in the oven.
Overflowing with spicy beef and tomato sauce, they always hit the spot.
Now, the only problem with my grandmother’s recipe is the rice that was added.
However, by adding some extra fillings, like jalapenos and olives, I’d like to think that my paleo stuffed peppers can even match my grandmother’s recipe.
Just don’t tell her that.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: about 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4 to 6)
- 3 large bell peppers; halved and seeded
- 1 medium onion
- 1 handful of black olives
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 4 oz. of diced Jalapenos
- 1 lb. of grass fed beef
- 1 Tbsp. of ground cumin
- 2 tsp. of dried parsley
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat your oven to 350 F
2) Lightly oil a glass baking dish and set it aside
3) Chop the tops off of the bell peppers, scrape out the seeds, and place in the baking dish
3) Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat
4) When warm add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent
5) Add the ground beef, cumin, parsley, paprika, salt, and pepper and cook until the beef is completely browned, making sure to break up any clumps as you’re cooking
6) Once the beef has been cooked mix in the tomatoes, Jalapenos, and olives
7) Using a large spoon scoop the meat mixture into the hollowed out peppers and place in the pre-heated oven
8) Bake for 30 minutes